Oracle Certified Enterprise Architect (OCEA 5) Certification Exam
“The act of getting certified will make you a better architect.” (Humphrey Sheil, CTO, SCEA, and SCEA examiner)
This certification is for enterprise architects responsible for architecting and designing Oracle Sun Java EE compliant applications with an emphasis on making the best use of Java EE features to create flexible, scalable, secure designs.
Why SCEA 5 | OCMJEA 5 Certification?
The SCEA certification “signifies that its holders can handle advanced design responsibilities and lead roles in creating applications. To succeed, SCEA candidates must demonstrate a deep understanding of appropriate uses of modern design architecture and current Java EE technologies for business applications.”
- Demonstrate to your employer, peers & customers that you are proficient in Oracle Sun Certification Java Technologies Architecture and use industry-respected best practices.
- Enhance your salary, job opportunities and credibility through this respected credential
Who should enroll for SCEA 5 | OCMJEA 5 Certification?
This exam is for enterprise architects responsible for architecting and designing Java Platform, Enterprise Edition technology-compliant applications that are scalable, flexible, and highly secure. This exam is designed for candidates with experience in the following areas (typically 5 or more years: Application design: concepts and principles, common architectures, integration and messaging, business-tier technologies, web-tier technologies, Java EE technology, patterns and security.
SCEA 5 | OCMJEA 5 (1Z0-864) Certification Exam Details:
- Delivered at: Authorized Worldwide Pearsonvue Center
- Prerequisites: Complete an approved course from Oracle
- Other exams/assignments required for this certification: Step 2 (Assignment 1Z0-865), Step 3 (Essay 1Z0-866), last step (Course submission) – Steps do not have to be completed in sequence
- Exam format: Multiple choice
- Number of questions: 64
- Pass score: 57% (37 out of 64 questions)
- Time limit: 120 minutes
SCEA 5 | OCMJEA 5 Certification Exam Pattern & Objectives:
- Application Design Concepts and Principles
- Common Architectures
- Integration and Messaging
- Business Tier Technologies
- Web Tier Technologies
- Applicability of Java EE Technology
How to prepare for SCEA 5 | OCMJEA 5 Certification Exam?
Preparing for the Sun Certified Enterprise Architect (SCEA 5) Certification Exam (1Z0-864) might be slightly tougher than the other exams as the questions are based on solving real life architecture scenario’s and not just hypothetical knowledge of JEE technology & Design Patterns. Also, it has 3 parts and you need to pass all 3 to be Sun Certified Enterprise Architect (SCEA).
- Familiarize yourself with Sun Certified Enterprise Architect (SCEA) Certification Exam process understanding the SCEA Exam registration, SCEA Exam Pattern, SCEA Exam Objectives and Questions, course material, process and SCEA certification exam preparation methodologies
- Get started with some good book like the Cade book, UML Distilled, the Sun Press SCEA book, J2EE Design Patterns book, Head First Design Patterns, GOF Design Patterns, and then Java Modelling in Color to help you on part II of the exam
- Register to a good SCEA forum to post questions, discuss and share experience on Oracle sun certification exam preparation for Java. This will help you get different point of views on some topics as critical as design patterns. Also, it will help you with know about topics that you should practice more to test your knowledge.
- Practice, Practice, Practice solving real life architecture scenario’s to pass the exam
- Most importantly Practice Mock exam to get exposed to the variety of SCEA certification exam questions asked in the exam. These mock exams will help you immensely to measure your certification exam preparation. The mock exam is a combination of diagnostic tests, practice tests and final tests based on the sun certification exam preparation pattern. These question also have detailed explanations with them. It’s smart to do a reality check, get familiar & practice lots of Mock Exams questions to ensure your success in the test.